We have successfully represented a broad range of corporate and individual clients in Tax matters. Our specialist Tax Solicitors and Barristers deliver expert technical knowledge, strong negotiation skills and respected advice, which can make a pronounced difference to eventual tax penalties, charges and liability.
We provide urgent advice and representation to clients from our unique expert team of established Tax and Duties specialist solicitors and barristers with a proven track record of delivering authoritative results. We have successfully assisted many clients by:
- Reviewing your entire matter;
- Providing expert advice throughout the entire investigative or appeal process;
- Representing you in correspondence, interviews and meetings with HMRC or UKBA;
- Collating and preparing all documentation required by HMRC, including Outline Disclosure, Full Disclosure and the Disclosure Report; and
- Contesting disputed tax assessments and penalties ;
- Managing the entire Litigation process; and
- Representing you in HMRC’s internal review, Court or First Tier Tax Tribunal if necessary.
Our Recent Successes
We have appealed many cases to the Tax Tribunal and recently, HMRC withdrew all their claims given the strength of our arguments in the following matter involving alleged VAT evasion by our client.
Our client, the Appellant, was a special purpose vehicle (“SPV”) which bought and sold a commercial property. The property was let out to tenants already in occupation at the time of the purchase and also to tenants entering possession after the purchase. The SPV later sold the property and was issued with a VAT assessment of over £1m. HMRC argued that the sale was not a transfer of a going concern (they alleged that the use of the property following the sale differed from the use before). The SPV instructed us as tax specialist lawyers to negotiate with HMRC and then prepare and represent them in an appeal before the Tax Tribunal. We took the following successful steps:
- Appealed against the assessment outside of the 30 day limit;
- Delayed payment of the assessment pending appeal through a successful Hardship Application; and ultimately
- Had the assessment withdrawn reducing the assessment amount to nil.
We are proud of the quality of service that we offer to each individual client we take on and encourage our clients to express their opinions about our service. We are keen to know what our customers think of the service we provide.
“Truly an amazing service, extremely helpful staff made everything run smoothly. Very happy with the service that I have received and the knowledge and experience they have has made the process easy and straightforward for me, I would definitely recommend them.”
“Absolutely amazing service – extremely kind and helpful. Would definitely recommend. 5/5”
“High calibre and professional solicitors with ability to grasp complex cases and articulate well reasoned legal arguments.”
“Extremely knowledgeable and professional with a great value-add service!”
“We have found the team always endeavour to offer a very caring and professional service.”
Need more advice before instructing us?
Our Tax lawyers are available to give information and advice to you. To book a free telephone appointment click here or call us on 02071830529.
Call us on ☎ 02071830529 or email us on for more information about the legal services we provide. Our team of London lawyers are based in Middle Temple adjacent to the Royal Courts of Justice. We are committed to providing professional and specialist legal advice.